Love writing copy to convince and compel action?
Passionate about digital marketing/e-commerce and want to be part of a dynamic, direct-to-consumer business and help build a fresh and distinctive brand in an evolving online consumer landscape?
Castlery is looking for a strategic Marketing Growth Copywriter (Digital & E-commerce) to join our Brand & Marketing Communications team as we expand our presence rapidly in the U.S., Australia and Singapore markets. This position is based in Singapore. If you’re eager to be part of a spirited team and make a lasting impact, read on.
Founded in Singapore in 2013, Castlery is an online furniture brand that creates its own distinctive, quality furniture designs and offers them at accessible prices via a seamless, fuss-free experience for the modern furniture shopper. Since then, we have grown into overseas markets like the United States and Australia.
In this role, you will harness sharp copywriting, digital savviness, and strategic marketing skills to effectively market Castlery’s range of products, and create an intuitive, delightful shopping experience from pre to post-purchase, with a strong focus on our website, in-app, email touchpoints.
Part of the Brand & Marketing Communications team, a pivotal function of the Marketing Department, you will work closely with other members of the Brand & Marcomms team (who are focused on Campaigns, Visual Ads, Social Media & Content Marketing) and the Creative Team to execute overall marketing strategy and integrated marketing communication plans, while playing a crucial role in expressing and building a distinctive Castlery brand identity and brand voice.
You will also work with other marketing functions like Onsite Merchandising and Performance Marketing for areas such as Dynamic personalisation and SEO, and work cross-department with Tech, Web Ops, Buying, CX and Operations for Onsite/Digital UI changes, Product Launches as well as Marketing Policy changes or e-commerce initiatives.
This role requires a digital & mobile native with a keen mind for creative, effective communication ideas and a discerning eye for visual output, strong commercial awareness and a strategic mindset. You are expected to produce action-inspired copywriting that not only compels consumers to convert but also helps to shape a memorable brand. Motivated by effectiveness and impact, you closely check-in and learn from insights/performance and take actions accordingly.
Onsite/In-App Shopping & Communication
- Plan and write homepage banner content according to product marketing insights and marcomms calendar
- Collaborate with Onsite merchandising, Tech and Creative Team for improvements to website navigation, product browsing, checkout process to maximise marketing opportunities and create a seamless, customer-centric shopping journey, including a/b testing and dynamic personalisation widgets
- Provide sharp and effective copywriting for all touchpoints, contribute to UX and UI suggestions.
- Copywrite for landing pages, optimise content according to SEO best practices
Product Messaging & Marketing Assets
- Understand our target customer, assortment strategy; do competitor/market desktop research to sharpen positioning and USPs of each product/collection in order to market to our target customer effectively
- Create product messaging strategy for individual products and overall assortment
- Copywrite for product pages, product shopping feeds, product videos, and other assets
- Align marketing assets required for new arrivals, lead conceptualisation and work with Creative Team on creative direction
- Maintain dossiers and organise visual assets
- Be abreast of product performance and feedback, and identify marketing gaps or messaging changes needed
Email & Digital Marketing Copy
- Create email marketing content strategy and calendar, and copywrite for manual emails
- Copywrite for automated email templates that are optimised to customer’s user journey and shopping experience
- Ensure email content strategy and design is optimised towards CTR and work with Merchandising team to align comms approach with email marketing set up, segmentation, user journey and dynamic product widgets/personalisation enhancements.
- Copywrite for app and web browser notifications
- Manage Google My Business posts and image content, copywriting for Google Ads, etc
Marketing & Shopping Policy Changes or Initiatives
- Help to coordinate communication plans with different stakeholders within the Marketing Team
- Identify and implement communication updates where necessary in appropriate touchpoints (e.g. blog, email, onsite or app notifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing Communications, Marketing, or similar.
- At least 3 years of direct experience in marketing products online within an in-house marketing team or similar.
- Digital and mobile native with direct experience or familiarity with digital marketing & e-commerce.
- Sharp, concise and impactful written and verbal communications skills, with a masterful command of the English language.
- Possesses strong commercial awareness and strategic problem-solving skills; curious to learn.
- A keen mind for effective communication ideas and a discerning eye for how visual and copy work together to create a compelling and distinctive brand experience.
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to take ownership, prioritise tasks, manage stakeholders and drive projects cross-team.
- Highly organised, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence others, adapt to different working styles, and work harmoniously to achieve outcomes.
- A self-starter with a hunger to develop their career in this space.
- Keen interest in the U.S. market and culture.
- Interest in furniture, interior design, and home styling.